Multipliers by Liz Wiseman
This is my favorite book from 2019. The premise is that managers are either “multipliers” (leaders) or “diminishers”. She walks through data that diminishers believe in “linear growth” while the multipliers not only allows people to give 100% of their capability and intelligence but they will help them grow in both. This can lead to 2.1X in tapping into the capability of people. Here are the 5 disciplines she describes:
1. Attracting and optimizing talent
2. Creating intensity that requires the best thinking
3. Extending challenges. Push beyond what they know.
4. Debating decisions. Engage people in making decisions upfront allowing people to understand the decisions.
5. Instilling Ownership and accountability
As I look back in my career, I have thankfully had a few "Multipliers" in my life. I would like to thank the following leadersBruce Pullens,Matt Totterdale,Tracy Nolan,Alf Cherry, and Jude Schramm for being awesome leaders.
These disciplines tie in very well to the Agile mindset and servant leadership. We know we can easily get “Twice the Work in Half the Time“ by unleashing teams, so let them grow.#growthmindset#confidence#Scrum.https://lnkd.in/evmudg3