Sat, Oct 17|
Training from the Back of the Room
The official 2-day class is a globally-acclaimed, interactive, skills-building train-the-trainer class for anyone who is a trainer, teacher, instructor, coach, or facilitator of learning.
Time & Location
Oct 17, 2020, 9:00 AM GMT+1 – Oct 18, 2020, 6:00 PM GMT+1
Lisbon, Portugal, Tv. do Conde da Ponte, 1300-141 Lisboa, Portugal
About the Event
Training from the Back of the Room is a fresh approach to learning and training.
Based on cognitive neuroscience without boring lectures and bleak corporate slides.
TBR teaches you how to engage 5 senses, keep your learners active and engaged throughout the class.
Developed by Sharon Bowman, the “Training from the Back of the Room” is now recognized internationally as one of the most effective frameworks for accelerated learning.
Highly experiential, this workshop will introduce you to 6 learning principles that maximize learning effectiveness and accelerate content retention. In this workshop, you will learn by doing! Over 65 quick brain-based activities will help you solidify research concepts as well as show you new tools and facilitation techniques you can immediately apply with your teams.
In this workshop, you will get to know about "The 4C Map" - a brain-based instructional design and delivery model from Accelerated Learning. Best part - everyone in the class will get to build one for their training topic and will get feedback from the TBR trainers.First things first:
- This class is in English.
- This class is guaranteed to run.
- The class runs two days (October, 17 & 18).
- The class is held next to the location of the Scrum Gathering.
Upon successful completion of both days, you will receive:
- A certificate for completing this class
- Sharon Bowman’s best-selling book “Training from the BACK of the Room! 65 Ways to Step Aside and Let Them Learn”
- Sharon Bowman’s latest book “Using Brain Science to Make Training Stick”
- A 55-page participant workbook that is only available with this class
- Membership in a TBR community of like-minded trainers.
- 14 SEUs from Scrum Alliance (category C) and/or 14 PDUs from PMI
- Snacks and drinks throughout the training.
Are there any prerequisites? Nope. Just come as you are. Seriously.
How large is the class? The class size is limited to 30 participants. Reserve your seat early to avoid disappointment, as demand is high due to the Scrum Gathering right after the class.
Who will be the trainers? The class will be delivered by two experienced trainers. One super-duper-yet-to-be-named female trainer from the US and Gereon Hermkes, an experienced agile coach and trainer (LST, SAST, AKT) from Berlin.